- 03/22: DaVinci's (Schenectady): fettucini with chicken, enormous shrimp, mushrooms, broccoli, and I-don't-know-what-else-but-damn-it-was-g
ood. So very surprised I'd never visited this gem before!
- 03/30: Planet Sushi (NYC)-- miso soup, tuna sushi, yellowtail & scallion sushi, eel sushi, salmon sushi, cali roll. All were very good, despite the cheesy name and Mariah Carey singing Little Drummer Boy.
- 03/30: Spazzia's (NYC)-- fresh chestnut fettucini with chicken, mushrooms, artichoke, tomatos and pignolias (pine nuts) in a rich, dark, delicious sauce, followed by blueberry bread pudding. Both were to die for. The entree appeared within twenty minutes of ordering. Wow.
- 03/31: Easter dinner with Michele's family. No Boggle, but a good time was had by all.
Some of my fondest recent sound memories:
- This song, by the Be Good Tanyas, from michaelboy
- Chunks of Cake's last two albums
- Bach midis that don't make my ears hurt
- My friend Gabriella* singing and playing guitar Thursday night
Some of my fondest recent visual thrills:
- Chunks of my friends pages
- My trip yesterday
These were enroute to my destination. Can you guess where I went?
Before I go to sleep...
I am so blessed to know you, dear sister chickendawg mine :) I wish you a year full of flowers, happiness and small miracles
* Despite her protestations, she is always listed in the paper as "Gabby Ellers"
! Did I mention I was pregnant? No, of course not-- I've been debating whether or not I should post on it for days. Well... I am. :D Not planned, but not unwanted, either. No, I'm not telling who the father is, though he is on lj. I'm scared shitless, pensive and thrilled, all at the same time!