Discworld rocks my sphereworld.
I just devoured Soul Music.
Any guy who makes a joke about "The Whom" is cool in my book (or his own books, for that matter). I wonder how many people have wondered about that name over the years? You know I have.
How could I have possibly lived
I expect to read moreTerry Prachett in future1.
Now reading Nabakov's Look at the Harlequins. Not right now. See previous footnote.
Lunch with Eman (who had to work) at Ambition's Cafe (great place, remind me to take you there when you visit). Had the crabcake w/ horseradish sauce and balsamic vinagrette salad : ) MMMMMMMMMMMM.
Spent lots of moolah during my walk back down Jay Street2 to my car:
- Closeouts store-- never seen this shoppe before, so I just stopped in out of curiousity. Picked up a most loveable red nubby cardigan sweater with weird shell-like buttons (I adore it); a blue cardigan, also with neat buttons; two too-tight turtlenecks: light blue, and sage green; and a long skirt for work. Got all these loverly brand-new, perfect, and brand-name items for $80. I'm happy, and the shopkeeper seemed thrilled I happened into her store. Yay.
- Magic Herb-- lotsa incense, bag for my journals : ) It EXACTLY fits my tree-o'-life sketchbook and the journal Mousie gave me, and there's room in the front pockets for pens.
- Used Bookstore-- some old book on Ethics & the above-mentioned Nabakov (which jumped out of me, as in the dream, but wasn't what I expected)
- Open Door-- saw a beautiful pair of gray earrings, which I bought immediately. I did not dare venture further into the store.
Rehearsed. This time, we went to Joanna's, and sat around.
The W's cat, Pause, was put to sleep : / I loved that evil cat so much. No, really. She hated everybody. Even me. But we loved her so anyway. She will be missed. I need to find that guy and give him a hug when he's feeling better.
Had a make-up3 class scheduled, but it was cancelled.
Went to karaoke with E again. This time, I sang:
- Linda Ronstadt's When Will I be Loved
- Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart
- Janis Ian's At 17
- AC/DC's Shook Me All Night Long
I got lotsa compliments on Total Eclipse. *blush* Even in the bathroom, which struck me as somewhat odd4.
They don't have Thunder Road, Please Mister Please, Just a Girl or any Ani. Bummer.
I asked if this one guy was dating this girl I know. I got the explanation that no, he's gay. Well, the gay guy just asked me out. It all becomes clear by and by.
Class was cancelled. Don't think I did much of note.
Vanquished (or at least momentarily tamed) the Eville Laundrymonster.
What the heck did I do?! Oh yes-- I wanted to go to see a staged reading of Faustas, but E had food on his mind (and I wasn't about to go alone-- besides, I was hungry, too, and I haven't been taking care of myself nearly well enough in that department of late). So we went to Mangia's Cafe and CHOWED.
I got the shellfish tetrazzini (tender scallops, shrimps and lobstermeat in a sherry cream sauce, over angel-hair pasta), their nummy salad, and finished up with chocolate mousse pie (a layer of white chocolate over a layer of milk chocolate, over a layer of dark chocolate-- each layer had a distinct taste and texture... I was literally seeing double afterward).
Yesterday and Today
Did a lot, and had a lot of fun in the process. Deserves its own post, really.
! ! !
I wish you every happiness this year (though not simultaneously-- that'd be messy, for certain).
and a Big Fuzzy Welcome to
Maxman keeps pestering me to give him one of my invites... Perhaps I should.
And jftr, I miss Sunday i llustrations.
Hugs to those who need 'em, those who want 'em and those who don't run away quickly enough.
1 Well, in present, really, since that's all we can ever really experience; but present presently removed from now.
2 A closed-to-traffic cobblestone street with neat stores that don't get nearly enough business.
3 Make-up as in to make-up for a class I missed. Not eyeliner, blush, etc.
4 Actually, the bathroom really isn't so odd at all, really.