*smooch* (ldy) wrote,

  • Mood:
  • Music:

There is nothin' wrong with helpin' a buddy out

Just some random musings.

I went to bed last night at 1a and woke up at 5am singing "I'm a dirty frat-boy on a dirty soccer team..." I couldn't get back to sleep. I even called Max over to snuggle with me and had him do his voodoo sleep purr, to no avail. *sigh* I'm awfully tired. And I am most certainly not a dirty frat boy on a dirty soccer team; though I imagine that might be a nice way to spend an afternoon.

I've been having bad luck with nail polish lately. The other day, I had to redo my nails completely after putting on two coats of an older orangy colour that came out all icky streaky-- it looked like liquid tan circa 1973. And last night's colour came out too thick-- even after giving it a couple hours of drying time before bed, and being very careful about how I slept, my left hand is all fabric-marked. What's weird is that I slept on my right side last night.

Eh, I buffed 'em this morning; I'll do a clear top coat on 'em tonight and see how they look after that.

I saw Van Helsing this weekend; I really liked some of the previews. I also bought two more pairs of sandals. Super clearance bargains. Yay for $9 leather sandals :) Very strange-- I usually wear a size 6.5, but these were size 5, and fit great. Go figure.

scottobear posted a link to this site of nifty old gumball-machine illustrations. I think this one is really funny, considering I often call Paul "P" in this forum... but the very idea of a bethonged peanut frightens me.

Smoking was getting the better of me; I'm crawling back onto the wagon. I may have one or two to wean me off, but I'll be all done with them by Thursday in time for my trip south. Sheesh. I should never have let it go so far. I don't need no steenking crutch. I forsee some icky detoxing; t'aint nothin' I can't handle, though. I was never that far off the wagon, but even one foot touching the ground can hurt.

My car has been doing weird things since I got the brakes fixed; weird noises that disappear once I get it to the shop, that sort of thing. It's OK now, and the shop has been very understanding, but it's strange. Yesterday, the right blinker started going crazy. I saw the guy who runs the shop at dunkin donuts this morning, so I mentioned it, expecting that this would be another one of those mysterious things that would disappear once I took it in. He said "oh, yeah-- that's just a warning that your blinker bulb is out on that side-- bring it in and we'll replace that for you, no problem." Neat! I'll bring it by later in the week (iirc, the plastic over the lights is a beyotch to get off, so I'll be happy to let them do it).

I'd bring it in today, but I walked to work. It was beautiful, if a bit chilly. It's probably nearing 80F (27C) now.

I haven't been responding to comments in my own journal, but I've been reading everybody pretty regularly. That's not to say I don't appreciate the comments. I do! I've just been something of a frazzled mess of late.

Because I didn't have an ogg player on my work computer I never listened to phone posts when they were posted; I just saved them to my hard drive and forgot about them. I recently installed winamp at work, and now all these phone posts are popping up between songs. It's very surreal. :) I try to guess who's doing each one. I just listened to keefriffards quack like a duck :)

There's a squirrel in my yard who brings me offerings of old bagels and pasta products. No joke; it's the most bizarre thing. Maybe his kind worship an orange cat god or something. Anywho, sometimes I put out some old muslix cereal or nuts out for him. I just discovered that he lives in the trunk of the tree behind my house with his lovely mate and three adorable little babies. I'll post photos (phost?) later. I also saw a gorgeous red-headed woodpecker there the other day, as well.

Uncle Joe (not my uncle joe) came by the other day and inspected my house. I have a page fulla notes of stuff to do before sale, and a new hot water heater coming in this week. Evidently, my old one was a carbon monoxide hazard. Yikes. There's another $300-$400 I wasn't planning on spending. Still, it's a damned good thing he caught that. I hate the thought of Max being near a carbon monoxide leak during the day.

On the upside, the market's great-- I should be able to make $15k-$20k on the sale of my house, and he expects it'll sell in three to five days. However, there are two major problems: recapture tax and capital gains. They make the baby Jesus cry. OK, they probably don't. But they make me cry. Lots. Here's hoping I don't end up losing money. If I wait 'til October to sell, it's likely that the market won't be as good, and my recapture tax will jump up to the next level. *sigh* Sometimes I hate being so fiscally-fixated.

My last improv show will probably be the day before my birthday. Neither J nor J will be there, which saddens me, but oh well. P and I celebrate our one year anniversary two weeks after that. Not sure which he'll come up for, but he'll probably come up for one of those, since he's taking a week off to work on the house and that's the only window during which Z doesn't have a gig.

So much going on.

P and I are both having anxiety dreams.

Three more sleeps 'til I see my boys :)

*yawn* Wishing I could start those sleeps right now. Minus the dreams.

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.