- Talked on phone for 4:44
- Did that thing I did (heh)
- Drove to bowling
- Got a really big speeding ticket (but I never speed!)
- Went bowling
- Played not-too-well
- Had much fun
- Went to a party
- Got gently accosted by a very drunk bald man who kept touching my hair and kissing my head
- Went home
- Wrapped present
- Went to bridal shower
- Got really lost (but I never get lost!)
- Arrived late
- Hugged a good friend (the guest of honour) whom I haven't seen in years
- Ate food
- Watched a gazillion presents get opened
- Got a pretty potted pansy
- Drove home
- Got lost again (but I never...!)
- Simultaneously chatted, read LJ, talked on phone, worked on computer, watched TV (sorta), and looked at HUD homes online
- Quickly threw together an LJ entry
Explanations & other stuff:
- I really don't drive fast or get lost often. Really, truly.
- A couple years ago, I'd have been emotionally devastated from getting a ticket for driving 20 miles over the limit. Yesterday, it couldn't even put a dent in my great mood :) I've got a perfect driving record, so I'm hoping it will be reduced. The guy got me just as I was getting off the highway into a 30mph zone. :P
- I just may buy a house. I'm not sure I want to stay in the area, but I've always wanted a home of my own. I'd no idea they were so damned cheap (at least the HUD ones, relatively-speaking!) ;) There's one in particular that I really like. I lived on the street many years ago, and it's a really nice neighborhood. It's a two-story with 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a yard, a patio, a porch, central AC and lotsa cool other stuff. Much more house than I really need, but it just... feels right. We'll see.
- Regardless of whether I choose to own or rent, I really want to move by June 1st. It's time. In fact, it's past time.
- I've decided to drop out of the summer Shakespeare production. It just kills me, but I need to focus on other things. I used to be very lazy... now I seem to have overcompensated, and have swung too far in the other direction. I'm just now learning/accepting that there are limits to my productivity and my sanity. Maybe I'm growing up (a little) :)
- Remember how it was over 90F in my apt just the other night? Well, we're getting snow tonight :P Go figure!
Really cool recent linkies:
- http://www.geocities.com/jessnevins/vicintro.html mentalguy
Fascinating stuff for the Victorianophile in each of us!
- http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/ dewhitton
Pretty pretty CGI. *swoooooon!*
- http://www.somethingawful.com/features/usarfreindley/ kvance
Heh. If you read UF, or appreciate bad tongue-in-cheek flash, you'll love this.
- http://www.shockwave.com/af/content/atom_1403 kvance
*SNORK!* Bling-bling rappin' Star Wars. Join the Dark Side, yo. Very Funny
- http://members.aol.com/nonverbal2/diction1.htm scottobear
Dictionary of nonverbal communication. Fascinating, and quite extensive.
- http://remix.overclocked.org/detailmix.php?mixid=OCR00577 mtffm
Super Mario Bros 2 Jazz remix. This instrumental song is really awesome, even if you don't get off on computer game tunes.
I haven't stopped going since... well, since I can't remember when. I haven't even had time to finish building my computer! Soon, soon. I should be able to finish it by Wednesday, at the latest (I hope). Other than the installation of the floppy (which should arrive tomorrow or Tuesday-- yay, newegg!) and a few connections, everything's pretty much done. Then, assuming nothing catches fire, it's BIOS, then OS, then the drudgework involved in copying stuff over from the old computer (I don't have a network hub, so it'll probably be on CDs, unless I just move the HDD over).
I may look at that house tomorrow, then I have rehearsal Tuesday (when I break the news of my departure from the Shakespeare production to those in the Shakespeare production-- yipes), computer schtuff Wednesday, laundry or something Thursday, an improv show Friday, a dinner/birthday party celebration Saturday, and a possible dinner date with Michele and her family Sunday.
Jeez, time is going by so quickly!!! I need a nice relaxing Ldy Does Nothing Day, but don't yet have room in my schedule ;P
And hey! I'm still considering the BOSTON BASH-- is anyone else going, or what? Eh, don't answer that. I'll post on this separately later in the week, so as to better get your attention and reactions.
*hugs* all around :) *smoooch*