- Got the PS into its mounting bracket and into the casea
- Developed a real appreciation-- no, adoration-- for thumbscrews
- Got the clips on the handy-dandy slide-out trayb
- Got the mainboardc on the clips
- Got the audio thingy connected to the mainboardd
- Got the vidcarde connected to the mainboard
- Got the Barracuda HDDs into their cagef
- Got the jumpers adjusted on the HDDsg
- Read a lot of manual-type schtuff
- Gazed lovingly at my Frankenstein-in-progress many times
- Chatted a bit here and there
- Drank two Mike's Hard Lemonades and a glass of water
- Put everything back together/away again so that Maxman doesn't try to build it himself or insulate it with fur while I'm gone
To bed with me. I'll definitely post a few pics of my adventure as it progresses.h
Goodnight, LJ. Hugs to those who need 'em, those who want 'em and those who are willing to force nutcrackers and paperclips where angels fear to tread.
a I can't express how lovely and simple that was. It fit so perfectly that there was not even room to slip a sheet of paper between the PS and the case as it went in.
b With a nutcracker no less! Princess Improv don't need no steekin' pliers. Of course, E showed up with a pair five minutes later.
c It's surprisingly beautiful, with its purple doodads and yellow thingamajigs. Don't let me get all technical on you, now.
d It's something to do with the onboard sound. I'd elaborate, but it really wasn't covered in the manual at all (don't know why I bothered looking). It could only possibly connect in one spot, so that's where it went. I have a hidden y chromosome and don't need no manual nohow.
e Droooool. The thing has two filtered fans. It's amazing.
f They mount sideways-- it's really quite nice. Barracudas (barracudae?) belong in a cage. Because I'd destroy them otherwise (I don't care if they CAN handle 350G of pressure; I'd find a way. Fire works). See next footnote.
g [insert rampant cursing]-- JEEZ, MAN. I'm a strong little thing with nails, and I couldn't budge those suckers! I finally got them after wrestling with a paperclip for twenty minutes. Damn! What, did they glue 'em in there?!
h And may even venture forth and maybe possibly not commit to but hint at and perhaps even post the other pic friends-only sometime which I won't mention again right now because while it's sorta tame and not showing too much I'm kinda naked and damned shy to begin with. But the case looks good! Yes.
q Oh, like I need a secret footnote after that last doozy. Sheesh!